to: all students from: Harald Bieber, Tutor Reg.: Online Research und Use of Computer
All BSA students will spend at least some time of their studies using a computer and the internet, while doing their courses. They'll research topics on-line, write book reports, communicate with BSA etc. Thus, the computer and it's safety is very important. Access to your own computer and to the internet is your first step. It is not advised to always use third party computers. Also, your computer should be up to date.
We strongly recommend the following minimal configuration:a desktop or laptop no older thana couple of years tops
- Windows 7 or higher
- 500 Mb free disc space for your studies; we advise at least 2 Gb of allocated disc space
- CD-burner and software
- Acrobat Reader of newest generation
- Windows Office software WORD, Excel, Access und PowerPoint
- printer access
Should you consider buying a new computer, we recommend a Windows based laptop computer. If you are using any other OS or browser, you might run into some problems at times.
Internet browser - very important
- Cookies must be activated
- you should have the latest Flash-Player/Shockwave-Player (you can obtain that free of charge from macromedia.com) and the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader (also free from Adobe.com)
- Also we VERY strongly recommend the use of an updated, recent anti-virus and firewall software!